Fire Damage Restoration
Immediately after a fire, you should contact SERVPRO of East Memphis, fire damage specialists. Below are steps to help get you started on getting your home back to normal and the fire damage restoration process.
• Step 1: Contact a restoration company immediately; the sooner, the better.
• Step 2: Assess the extent of the damage to your property. Many times, the soot, water, and smoke damage is more extensive than visually apparent.
• Step 3: Prevent damage from getting worse by using tarps, plastic sheets, sealing services, and industrial fans. You need to keep ash and soot contained and dry any areas suffering from water damage.
• Step 4: Start the cleanup process. Professionals have the chemicals and equipment necessary to remove soot, ash, smoke, and water. Smoke cleaning requires special equipment and devices.
• Step 5: Repair and renovate any parts of your home that received extensive fire damage. You may need new walls or flooring or to rebuild entire rooms.